Welcome Anonymous! Please Login or Register       
 Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages  
 Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in 

Search for at
Raging Rebels Advanced Search

S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Raging Rebels Forum Index -> Call of Duty 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we get rid of S&D?
yes
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
no
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

Kingchoad
« R²» Member
« R²» Member

usa.png

Xfire: klrjoe
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:17 am Post subject: No icon S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

I know that you guys have opinions because of all the whining on TS and guests/members who leave because they are tired of watching everyone else camp the bomb on S&D. SO instead of whining let's put together some ideas so that the powers that be can make the necessary adjustments. Here's my suggestions:

1) we need to get rid of entirely or greatly reduce S&D, it empties the server out faster than you can say DuNz0

2) bomb timer is way to long,

What say you?
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
« R²» Spam_Sammich
« R²» Member
« R²» Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:31 am Post subject: No icon Re: S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

I agree on the S&D, I've heard a lot guest comments that they don't like it and I've watched the server die in front of my eyes when it comes on.  Also, rotate more of the new maps in and play more Team Deathmatch.  I like the CHinatown Free for All but it needs a longer time limit.  Finally, Shipment, more Shipment!!!!

DuNz0
Where am I?
Where am I?

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:34 am Post subject: No icon Re: S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

s&d is good but too much of it gets boring quick..
the bomb timer is a bit too long and plant & defuse times r a little long too for the spawn time being only 5sec.
MSN Messenger
Visit Evo-File Today
Kingchoad
« R²» Member
« R²» Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:36 am Post subject: No icon Re: S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

« R²» Spam_Sammich wrote (View Post):

I agree on the S&D, I've heard a lot guest comments that they don't like it and I've watched the server die in front of my eyes when it comes on.  Also, rotate more of the new maps in and play more Team Deathmatch.  I like the CHinatown Free for All but it needs a longer time limit.  Finally, Shipment, more Shipment!!!!

YES I forgot about that!

« R²» BWDozer1
« R²» Senior Member
« R²» Senior Member

votes: 1
blank.png

Xfire: BWDozer1
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:56 am Post subject: No icon Re: S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

Well I have noticed S & D does seem to be emptying out the house. Realley hate though to kill it off completely as it is fun at times.
Chinatown Free for all is way to short. Also there is one other map in the rotation that is too short but I can't remember what one.
Would like to see more shipmet also. Also would be interested in a bit more new maps in the rotation.

MSN Messenger
« R²» Bloodbath
BS Warrior
BS Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:03 am Post subject: No icon Re: S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

i say make the bomb timer for s & d shorter. like 20 seconds. keep the maps moving that way. ive played S&D for over an hour sometimes cos people wont move and help it then becomes a bloody draw every round. put the round timer to 2 minutes and make the score limit 2 rounds also instead of 5. that way those who like it still get to play and those who dont only dislike it because of the legnth of time.

Yeha i'd like to see the container map as team deathmatch. We put it on there last night with 6 in server and it was a hell of a lot of fun.

MSN Messenger
Visit Nuke Evolution Today
« R²» BOB_LOBLAW2
God I need a life
God I need a life

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:17 am Post subject: No icon Re: S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

I can take 1 dose of S&D in the rotation so it adds to variety. Keep it short and sweet though.

I don't care about shipment, in or out doesn't matter. I do remember it being a server killer so don't let it last too long.

With the vote only asking for yes or no, I will have to be a yes.

w00ters
Monkey Boy
Monkey Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:44 am Post subject: No icon Re: S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

TDM & HQ sux ballz on most maps, Free for all on China town? that just sounds gay, it's better played as HQ. Sabotage and and Domination i think is the way to go. How many domination maps are you guys running anywho? im trying to play more on R2 then the Shire but damn they have a pretty good rotation. Anyways my 63 cents!!!
{pdX}pyrosee
Scroll Monkey
Scroll Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:04 am Post subject: No icon Re: S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

Voted Yes:

my girl said it best:
dunz0 wrote (View Post):
s&d is good but too much of it gets boring quick..
the bomb timer is a bit too long and plant & defuse times r a little long too for the spawn time being only 5sec.

Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Visit Evo-File Today
« R²» Namru9
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

votes: 2
blank.png

Xfire: r2namru9
Origin I.D: r2namru9
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:26 pm Post subject: No icon Re: S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

Well I can't vote either yes or no since I don't play it.  However I would like to take the opportunity to perhaps suggest aside from member and guest opinions to go to some of our friends at either UFE or IBA.  I consistantly watch them on x-fire and both clans have servers steadily full almost all the time.  I know KAS from IBA is a regular on our forums, perhaps shoot him a PM or join their forums.  Most of you played with alot of the UFE guys, Gunslinger, Loxx, and GTManiak are hella nice and easy to get along and talk with.

AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Visit member's Facebook: facebook.com/whitemike76
« R²» Coyote65
« R²» Senior Member
« R²» Senior Member

blank.png

Xfire: r2coyote65
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:20 pm Post subject: No icon Re: S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

I'm not much of an S&D fan either.  

Current Rotation / Maplist: gametype koth map mp_broadcast gametype sab map mp_strike gametype sd map mp_pipeline gametype sab map mp_convoy gametype sad map mp_carentan gametype dom map mp_countdown gametype sd map mp_backlot gametype sab map mp_broadcast gametype dom map mp_strike gametype sab map mp_crossfire gametype sd map mp_farm gametype war map mp_crash gametype dom map mp_creek gametype sab map mp_backlot gametype koth map mp_vacant gametype sab map mp_showdown gametype dm map mp_killhouse gametype sab map mp_overgrown gametype war map mp_crossfire gametype koth map mp_strike gametype sd map mp_pipeline gametype sab map mp_citystreets gametype koth map mp_crossfire

Fustercluck also posted a thread on maplists here: http://www.r2clan.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3516&highlight=

The first post is a good walk-thru of putting together a maplist. The new map names are:

mp_broadcast - TV Station
mp_carentan - Chinatown
mp_creek - riverbed and tunnels one
mp_killhouse - the training room map

The tools are there, and everyone *should* have the Rcon password to access it.  (If not, PM Namru, Coyote, or Bloodbath for the pass).  If y'all want to create a new maplist, all I ask is that we a) COPY THE MAPLIST AS IT IS TO A LOCAL TEXT FILE OR POST IT HERE.  and b) for the maplist maker, please either get input, a consensus, or post your maplist for other opinions before changing Rcon.  I would suggest consulting with BB, Bob, Dunzo, Havoc, and Fuster on the new maplist as they have the best perspectives regarding our server.

I'm hoping I can get home early enough for a match or two tonite.  Been too long since I done shot anyone.  =\

Kingchoad
« R²» Member
« R²» Member

usa.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:04 pm Post subject: No icon Re: S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

well maybe we can have a S&D night kinda like GP sunday???

Visit Evo-Install Today
« R²» Bloodbath
BS Warrior
BS Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:06 am Post subject: No icon Re: S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

« R²» Kingchoad wrote (View Post):
well maybe we can have a S&D night kinda like GP sunday???

I wouldnt play more than one game.

I again think we should lower the round times, lower the bomb timer, lower the round limits, and everyone will be happy.

MSN Messenger
FusterCluck54
Scroll Monkey
Scroll Monkey

Xfire: fustercluck54
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:08 am Post subject: No icon Re: S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

Isaidnotobestubborn.Ifyoucantreadthisthenyouneedadrinkorsmoke.Isaykeepittogiveusabreakintheweather.Capiche!?

Last edited by FusterCluck54 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
waywardguz

blank.png

Xfire: aodwaywardguz
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: S&D I SAY KILL IT, what else for our COD 4 server? Reply with quote

i think u drank or smokedtomuchfcluck........... but i dont like s&d simply cuz its too f-ing long

Spam Those Nade's Hoe........   « R²» WayWardGuz

Visit Evo-Install Today
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Raging Rebels Forum Index ->  Call of Duty 4 Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: