Welcome Anonymous! Please Login or Register       
 Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages  
 Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in 

Search for at
Raging Rebels Advanced Search

what the hell am I doing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Raging Rebels Forum Index -> Feedback, Rants and Raves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
« R²» kyle5003
« R²» Member
« R²» Member

canada.png

Origin I.D: kyle5003
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:57 am Post subject: Question what the hell am I doing? Reply with quote

I'm so confused right now. I have the weird feeling. With the summer finished (to an extent anyways) everybody is headed off to collage and university while I sit here trying to decided what the hell I am going to go into. Film has been a big draw recently with all the work and messing around I have been doing with it but the industry is so competitive. Then there is computer networking. Ive been looking in to this field of work since I was in grade 7 so its also been a major part of my life. So I am very confused on what I should go into. I also feel that its time for me to move out of my parents house and get a place with a few flatmates but yet I have no where to go. I really feel like I just need to live on my own for a while just to get the feel of fending for myself. Don't get me wrong I love my parents and they love me but I feel like I just need a space with some buds and people who understand the fields that I am going into.  My parents support me but it just kinda bypasses them when I start talking all this technical shit and after a while I just kinda feel like they don't care, I know they do and they try to understand but stuff is moving so fast they cant keep up.

Its a very confusing time right now so if I am talking to you guys and just kinda zone out and it seems that I don't really care or I am not paying attention I am sorry in advance because all this stuff is running though my head all at once.
Visit member's Facebook: kyle.newell3
« R²» Namru9
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

votes: 2
blank.png

Xfire: r2namru9
Origin I.D: r2namru9
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: what the hell am I doing? Reply with quote

Getting out on your own is an important step in life that does have to be taken, but don't rush it if you don't have to.  I was out at 17 and on my own once graduated, and I appreciate the fact I did.  However, being able to make sure you have your way figured out and direction your life is going to travel is more important, and I honestly have to admit it might be easier done at home where you have more support and less stress in doing so.  

Networking is definitely a good route to go, even though the market is saturated with people, there is still more jobs than skilled workers.  Then again, if you love and have heart in your movie making, which I do think you have a skill in that from the movies I've seen you do, then always keep that close too.  Perhaps keep one as a working hobby, while you shooting for making the other your full time career.

AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Visit member's Facebook: facebook.com/whitemike76
« R²» Jaggid
« R²» Member
« R²» Member

usa.png

Origin I.D: Jaggid
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:05 pm Post subject: No icon Re: what the hell am I doing? Reply with quote

I can tell you I regret not going to school right out of high school.  Had I been done with school 20 years ago, I would be a lot closer to retiring.

I can say I did enjoy working different jobs and learning some things, but school will get you further faster and lessen the competition you spoke of.
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Visit member's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=625238244
Visit Nuke Evolution Today
« R²» Hell-Raiser
« R²» Member
« R²» Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:36 pm Post subject: No icon Re: what the hell am I doing? Reply with quote

I concur , ha big word for the day, Nam has it right , less stress is always better, you can always take a weekend with the boys or girls your choice , if you need a break, and having some kind of education is always a benefit, your young enough if one doesn't work out you can always try the other.
« R²» Blinky
« R²» Member
« R²» Member

votes: 1
blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:37 pm Post subject: No icon Re: what the hell am I doing? Reply with quote

You will have to work out what career path you want to take, but as for moving out my advise is,  don't rush. It's a very expensive world out there and one of the best chances you have to save money and get off to a good start is by living at home.

Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Raging Rebels Forum Index ->  Feedback, Rants and Raves Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: